Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Waltz-8, 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.   I warmed up with the test as usual and Lynne came on the ice as I was finishing my edges.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8, FI8 -- from the test.  Not bad.  A little shallow on the return on the L side of the FO8.
  • waltz-8 -- we did two layouts of these.  They are slowly improving.  I was able to make myself stop touching my foot down on the R side, so that's good.  In general it's pretty decent right up to the step forward and that's problematic.  I figured out that I am leaning forward a little on the BO edge and that's a big part of my problem (I think I figured this out at least once before, lol!). Fixing it, not so easy..
  • 3s to center -- about the same. I expressed my frustration with the L side, especially, and realized that the edge going into the turn doesn't feel the same to me as when I'm doing my FO8 -- I'm compartmentalizing again.  So I tried to start it as if it were just an FO8, and lo and behold a much better edge and the 3 was decent too.  So... a lesson.  Hopefully I can remember this :-).
After my lesson I worked on BO8, BI8 and serpentines.  BI8 is improving, I want to work with Lynne on them next week a bit.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home