Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 04, 2012

Spins, Program

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I had rescheduled this from Wednesday since I was traveling.

Today's lesson:
  • spins -- just a little time on these.  They were pretty crappy.  I know what I need to do!  I just can't make myself do it.  JJ says I need to focus on just one thing and ignore the other stuff that's wrong, until I get the one thing fixed... then on to the next.  I know he's right.  It's so frustrating.  Everyone once in a while I get a decent one and then I feel like I might be actually able to accomplish this goal... and then it seems further away than ever.
  • program -- we worked some more on the opening of the program, and I had JJ video it for me.  I wanted to see how the spiral looked.  The good news is a) I'm skating faster, I think, and b) the spiral actually isn't that bad. It's not hip-height but it's close.  The bad news is just that it takes me a little time to get it all the way up as far as I can -- I still need to work on getting it all the way up in one go, and faster.  Still, I was encouraged.
I couldn't stay and skate after my lesson today since I had a work meeting early.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home