Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Back-3s

My second back-3 lesson with Lynne, on the Chandler coffee club.

We started by going through back 2-foot turns, and BO3s on the wall.  Then we went out on the big circle and worked on them some more.  Lynne had me skate backward, rotate the arms, lift the free foot in front, and then try to turn -- lift the toes, look back over the shoulder.  It's not quite happening yet.  We worked on both sides and while I didn't get  any turns yet, I feel like I'm making progress.  First, I wasn't too scared, which seems very positive.  Second, I did manage several times to lift the toes a bit and I feel like if I can keep working on it I will get them.  So I'm pretty enthused.

In my warmup before the lesson I did a really nice 3-rev spin!  Yay! :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home