Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Program Work & Waltz-Toe

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • program work -- we worked through the first part of the program again, this time with music. It's a good thing we did, because I was trying to go too far down-ice!    I was running out of time.  Instead I need to bring it around immediately after the 3-turn.  We also worked on pushing harder/more and getting more speed into the spiral.   It's definitely improved.
  • waltz-toe loop combo -- more work on this.  Now that I'm getting the check on the waltz jump correct, JJ worked with me on getting the upper body to rotate with the R foot coming through.  Tried it out on the ice a few times and JJ says I'm making progress, although to me it feels more like a jumbled mess.
After my lesson I stayed and skated the next session, working on spins, the waltz-toe combo, my back 2-foot turns and a bunch of moves.  I also dug out the dance CD Tracy gave me on Sunday and played through the Dutch Waltz. Ugh!  My swing rolls really stink.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home