Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Program Prep, Waltz-Toe

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert as usual.  It was just two of us (me and Amber) for most of the session.. yay!

Today's lesson:
  • Program -- we walked through/practiced the new opening of the program several times.  It's gotten much better, and I am now getting a little speed into the spiral so that is helping a lot.  I still need to work on getting the leg higher (of course) faster.  The flow seems okay though.
  • waltz-toe loop -- quite a bit of time on this.  Key learning from today is that I need to check the landing of the waltz jump so that the upper body is in position for the toe loop.. DUH.  That is, don't let the upper body rotate to neutral, but stay w/R arm back and L arm forward.  This helped a lot.  I almost got a jump out of it, but not quite..
After my lesson I stayed through the next session and worked mostly on moves.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home