Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, April 09, 2012

Insomnia Skate

As happens to me occasionally, I couldn't sleep a wink last night.  Finally, when 5 a.m. rolled around I threw my skate gear on and drove to the rink.  By the time I got my skates on and got on the ice it was 5:45 am.

I skated for an hour.  I actually had quite a good skate!  My very first spin was 4 revs!  None of the subsequent ones were quite as good (I really hate that!) but I had a lot of pretty good spins.  Toward the end of the hour they declined in quality as I was having trouble getting over my left side -- but then I thought about it and compensated more and the last couple were again pretty good.

Besides spins I did some salchows and waltz jumps and worked a little on moves.  I also spent some time going over the first part of the program in its new form... it's still kinda rough.  I am going to have to get more speed up otherwise it's going to be the world's slowest spiral.  Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home