Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Toe Loop, Spins

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  As usual, good ice and just 3 skaters (me, Brenna and Amber).

Today's lesson:
  • Toe loop -- I asked JJ to work on this and we worked on it in the waltz-toe combo context.    JJ emphasized that I need to reach back more with the picking foot, and we worked on the boards on feeling the pick and draw.  Lots of work on that... it feels quite different than what I've been doing.  The main issue is that I am not getting the weight transfer to the L foot.  Some progress but we have a way to go to fix these.
  • Spins -- we spent the last few minutes on these... I got some good ones!  I've been focusing less on having perfect form going into the spin, and more on making myself bring the free foot in and not bail.  Other people stick with their spins until they've almost stopped -- there's no reason I shouldn't be able to also!  Anyway some good progress.
After my lesson I stayed for the next session and worked on spins and also some moves.  JJ and I are meeting up on Saturday to talk about new program etc.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home