Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

PCAS Debrief & Program Tweaks

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert. We spent a good chunk of time talking through my PCAS performance and how I can improve my placements and performance. A good discussion and I'd say the summary is that if I want to improve I'm going to have to work harder -- not necessarily "more time" but harder/better/more efficient ice time and, especially more off-ice training. JJ wants to meet sometime soon off-ice to talk about this more.

After that we looked at some tweaks to the program that we want to make for Cactus. We're going to relocate the beginning to the other side of the rink and add a spiral between the BXOs and the half flip.

After my lesson I stayed through the next session and worked on toe loop, salchow and spins.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home