Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Program Prep

My freestyle lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  This was my first lesson in our new timeslot (Wednesdays).. ice was a little busy but not so much as to keep me from getting stuff done.  It was really cool to see so many people I know out on the ice.  It was fun :-)

After some warming up, JJ had me do a couple of spins (meh) and then run the footwork sequence a couple of times.  After that we ran the program (pretty good), gave me 6 minutes to rest and talk about it, and ran it again.  The second time was really pretty good!   Spins in the program were better than they have been in quite some time.

All in all it was quite encouraging :-).  After my lesson I stayed for the remainder of the next session (8:15 - 9) and worked on spins and moves (too tired to jump much!).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home