Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Waltz-8, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club, as usual.  I had just gotten through my edges when Lynne came on the ice.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- a little wobbly (I was still warming up) and my circles were on the smaller side, but Lynne said they were acceptable.
  • FI8 -- pretty nice, actually.
  • Waltz-8 -- mm.  The R side is actually not bad, I'm doing a better job of holding the BO edge around more.  The L side not so much, and I'm tending to be a bit forward on the BO edge there so we worked on making it a more "normal" LBO; this helped a lot.  Also we realized that while I'm holding long enough before the FO3s, I am placing them out too far (circle is too large at that point) which distorts the rest of my circle.  So I brought them into the circle about a foot and that helped a lot.  I need to dig out my scribe and start using it on these I think.
  • Serpentines -- finished up with these.  Disappointingly (but not surprisingly) I could not replicate my success from yesterday.  My changes of edge were just not as smooth as they were; I'm leaning out of the circle slightly when I bring the free foot forward and that pulls me off the edge just enough to slow me down a bit and cost me momentum.  Grr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home