Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Waltz-8, 3s, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  I warmed up with the Preliminary test and then it was time for my lesson.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- still working to hold the BO edge across the top of the circle better.   I'm doing a better job (usually) of coming back to center.  There has been some real progress... maybe I can test these in the fall?
  • 3s to center -- flow through the turn is improving, but I still feel pretty stiff in the turn.  We worked to get a better down-up-down for the turn, to have it flow better and not be so forced.
  • serpentines -- finished up with these.  I managed to get around on the R foot twice!  Not on the L foot unfortunately.  I probably need to spend some time working on the last part of these, i.e. the FIO change of edge.  
After my lesson I worked on BO8 and BI8 for a bit.

Due to the President's day holiday and hockey tournaments my next figures lesson is Tuesday a.m.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home