Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, February 04, 2012

Ice Dance Class #1-5

Ice dance class at the Ice Den... 5 kids, 2 adults.  At class time there were only 3 kids and me out on the ice so I thought I was going to get an individual lesson! (we have 3 coaches and a jr. coach).  Alas no, the other 2 kids and adult showed up ;-).

We warmed up with swing rolls, slide chassés, progressives.  Then continued woodshedding DW, CT, and RB... ugh.  It is maybe getting a bit better but I find it soooo frustrating.  I know I'm skating faster, so that is good...  and I am doing a better job of remembering the steps, so that also is good.

At the end of class we had a couple of moments so we worked through a sequence from the Fiesta Tango... RFI mohawk, slide-slide-slide,  cross in front, step forward, repeat.  Eeep.  I think Anna taught me a modified version of this like 8 years ago.  Hmm.

Next week is the last class of the session.  I've not decided how to proceed.  I will be gone 2 of the 6 Fridays for that session.  I also tend to think I would do a lot better if I had time to actually work on the elements I can't do -- swing rolls, progressives, the cross-behind in the RB.  Right now I feel like I'm learning the dances but I can't learn how to do them *right*.  Not sure what to do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home