Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ice Dance Class #1-4

Tonight's ice dance class at Ice Den.   6 kids ( missing the older girl who was there last week, but the boy was back) and 3 adults including me.

Despite the "threat" of learning new dances (lol!) we continued working on Dutch Waltz, Canasta Tango and Rhythm Blues.  We warmed up with various dance moves forward AND backward (which was new), then into the dances.
 
I am pretty frustrated (mostly by my "progressives" and swing rolls) but objectively it was better tonight than last week.  I am remembering the steps better (not 100%) and skating a bit faster and I did actually manage a couple of progressives that were actually on beat (that's a first).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home