Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Perseverance

I managed to drag my butt to the 8:15 FS at Chandler this morning...finally! 

I had a pretty good skate.  I decided I need to be a bit more disciplined than I have been lately so I pulled out my practice notebook and kept track of what I did just like I used to last year.

Warmed up with moves and also some swing rolls... still need more speed and push here.

I did 5 each of the jumps I have, and about 15 spins.  Spins were kinda ukky but they did improve a bit... I know I just need lots more practice than I've been getting.  Salchow actually wasn't bad... toe loops bleah!  I also ran my program once with music... a little bit off both due to my errors, and because Teri had a student working right where I needed to go :-(.  I fell on the lunge, grrr.  Managed to get up and keep going but I was a bit behind.  Still, it's good practice.

Finished off the session with Bronze circle-8, it was actually okay.

I bought my plane tickets for PCAS this week, I still have to actually register and also get hotel and rental car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home