Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler coffee club for patch practice today.  Nice ice and most of the time only myself and Ken (a very "testosterony" session, lol!).

Warmed up with the Preliminary test as usual, then BO8 (they were better flow-wise but not happy with my tracing/centering).  Back to waltz-8 and made myself move the 3 out a bit and that helped things a bit.. note to self!

Finished up with 3s to center and serpentines.  3s are about the same, better flow through but still no check. I'm thinking I'm going to need to seriously improve my BI edges to fix that.  Serpentines... I actually made it around 1.5 circles on the R foot, twice, but not on the L foot.  It's not consistent yet.  I need a really strong push and a nice smooth edge change to make it and I seem to rarely get both at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home