Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Perseverance

I had intended to go to Tucson this morning to skate with my Tucson FSC homies, but I realized I had a bunch of work I needed to get done since I will be traveling next week, so I stayed home.  I did travel over to Chandler though since they had an unexpected 1.5 hour adult skate from 12:30 to 2.  I only got 45 minutes of skating in though.

I worked a bunch on moves.  Power-3s are improving; okay, there's very little power there yet but the 3s are more controlled and I don't feel like I'm flailing around so that is a bonus. 5-step mohawk is better but the LBO still feels weird and the step forward is wonky.  Circle-8s, I actually got around just fine no problems!  Of course the ice was really good :-).  And perimeter XOs and BXOs to landing position felt pretty good.

Some time on jumps.  No progress on toe loop, but salchow I feel like I'm improving my timing.  Now if I just had some actual "jump" in it, it would be something.

Also spent a little time on Dutch Waltz and Canasta Tango.  Dutch Waltz I felt like I could do the steps finally, but I sure don't fill out the ice and my swing rolls are more like swing flats :-(.  CT is still confusing.  Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home