Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Back To The Beat

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I was on freshly-sharpened blades (had them done last Saturday and hadn't skated in them yet :-() but they were pretty much okay.  The session was relatively crowded (about 9 skaters and 4 or 5 coaches).  The ice was kinda stinky, which is rather unusual for Gilbert. 

Today's lesson:
  • Time trial --we ran the FXO-BXO perimeter Bronze move and I had my best time in a while -- 1:02!  Maybe that's my best time ever, I've not checked yet.  If it's not it's close.  Awesome!  I didn't feel like I was going particularly fast so I'll ascribe the improvement to getting the BXO part down better.
  • Program -- we spent most of our time getting back into my "Battle for the Beat" program after a couple of months away.  We ran the first part of the program a few times... I am definitely getting more power, I was going rather faster through the opening which might actually throw my timing off.  We then ran the second part a couple of times and it was a bit rough.  Toe loop still not too great.  There will definitely be some cleanup to do.
  • Salchow -- just a little time on these at the end, working on improving my timing a bit.  I managed to hold the BI edge longer but then it got me confused as to when to jump.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home