Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Test Runthrough, 3s, Serpentine

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  Due to scheduling issues we had to start later than usual, so I had a good long warmup (almost 30 minutes).  I wasn't able to replicate my serpentine success on either foot :-(.  Grrr.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- not bad.  I didn't stick my shoulder back correctly on the 2nd RFO but I managed to hang on anyway.
  • FI8 -- pretty nice.  I love doing these!
  • Waltz-8 -- ugh.  I put my foot down on the R step forward 2 out of 3 times :-(.  These are a lot better than they used to be... but need a lot of improvement still.
  • 3s to center -- these are improving.  The 3 itself is not too bad (which is something, really, when you think about where these were a few months ago).  The biggest challenge is to keep the free foot from unsticking during/after the turn, and to have a good check of the shoulders after the turn.  It seems like I can do one or the other but not both at the same time... yet, anyway.
  • serpentines -- I didn't get all the way around on either foot this time :-( so I was a bit disappointed.  It's really highly sensitive to both getting a big push (don't think I was quite up to what I did last week) and having a good edge and smooth change of edge (it was a bit rough several times).  Still, I'll keep working it.  At least I enjoy working on it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home