Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Perseverance

I had the day off today, so I skated the 4 p.m. FS at Chandler.  Surprisingly the ice was pretty nice... about 9 skaters and 4 coaches.

I worked mostly on Bronze moves, especially 5-step mohawk and power-3s.  The LBO on the 5-step is still problematic.  I know I'm up on my toe, and it just feels weird.  The excitement for today was that I made some progress on power-3s!  Specifically on the LFO3s (my better side... I know but I gotta start somewhere) I was able to hold to the top of the lobe and then turn while keeping my free leg close!  They felt kind of like the "good" LFO3s I've done in my patch blades while working on 3s to center!  I was really jazzed and spent some time trying to reinforce this so hopefully I can still do it tomorrow :-).

I worked a bit on spins also, and some jumps.  I tried experimenting with the waltz-toe since it is a requirement for the Bronze free skate test.  Eeeeeeep.  I am not setting this up correctly at all.  That will take work.  Fortunately (?) since the Bronze FS test requires a backspin AND a sit spin it's going to be a long time before I take it, so I have plenty of time to get this right... oh and I will need another jump too.  Bleah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home