Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

XOs & Spins

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert as usual.

Today's lesson:
  • XOs -- we started just by working on FXOs and BXOs, including some quality time working on my CCW BXOs... we made some good progress at descraping them!  Of course later on I forgot everything I'd just learned :-( but it IS possible!
  • FXO-BXO time trial -- so we ran this as usual.  My time was 1:04.9, about a second faster than last week.  I really think I'm slowest on the BXO portion... but I should get JJ to video me sometime (or someone else, for that matter).  
  • Spins -- we finished up with these.  I did get a couple of pretty decent ones...just need to work them a lot more!
After my lesson I stayed and skated the next session, it was just me and Brenna and Amber and one of Tammi's skaters and an adult.  I worked on bunch on 5-step mohawk and power-3s and some circle-8 also.  I feel like I'm never going to be ready for this test :-(.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home