Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Moves, Spins

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert; my lesson was moved to Wed. due to a work trip.

Today's lesson:
  • FXO-BXO pattern -- JJ timed this out at 1:05.9, or roughly half a second longer than last week :-(.  I am doing too many BXOs and my BXOs are too slow.  We spent some time working on this pattern and getting me to slow down the actual BXO (just as we did for the BXO to BO edge pattern a few weeks ago).  I'm rushing the BXO, probably because I don't want to/can't hold the actually cross.  Hmmph.  Much work required.
  • 5-step mohawk -- just a little time on these.  I am rushing the initial FI edge and JJ says the reason I'm slowing down once I get into the pattern is that I'm not pushing, plus I'm up on my toe on the BO edge (I can hear/feel the toepick dragging :-().  I need to hold the FI edge a bit more and do a *good* mohawk!
  • push -- we worked briefly on the push for the circle-8.  JJ says on the L (?) side I am shortchanging the push a bit so we worked on it.  Not surprisingly a "good" push in my FS blades is the same as a "good" push in my patch blades so I just need to work on this in general.
  • spins -- just a couple of minutes on these at the end.  Still working on holding back the free side 'til after the 3.
After my lesson I stayed for the next session and worked on moves and spins some more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home