Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

FO8, BO8, Waltz-8, Serpentine

My lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  There were only 3 skaters and 2 coaches today!

Before my lesson I mentioned to Lynne that I'm assuming she will let me know when she thinks I'm ready to test (just wanted to be sure we were both clear on that).  She said yes, she'll let me know -- she thinks (as I do) that the main factor right now is the waltz-8.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- I was warming up with these when Lynne came on the ice.  They were not as good as last week... but still not too bad.  Actually for no warmup they are pretty good!  It's amazing how much they have improved from a few months ago even.
  • BO8 - these are better than last week but still not, I think, as good as they were a couple of months ago :-(.  Still not happy with the body position on the 2nd half of the RBO.  The LBO was much improved, though.  Needs a lot of work.
  • Waltz-8 -- ugh!  Some days these things make me just want to scream.  The main issue (still) is the step forward, especially on the L side.  To be fair they are probably as good as my APB moves test, but I am assuming I'll be held to a somewhat higher standard here even though it's just the Preliminary figures test.
  • Serpentine -- just a few minutes on these to finish.  The main challenges seem to be getting a better (stronger) push, keeping the free hip up coming into the edge change while still keeping the free leg free to swing forward, and keeping the free shoulder back.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home