Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 28, 2011

3s, Circle-8, 5-Step

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  This was a make-up lesson for last week's missed lesson.

Today's lesson:
  • 3s -- we spent a good chunk of time just working on 3 turns (a continuation of yesterday), working on holding the edge and being more controlled.    Made some progress, but I'm skeptical it will stick.
  • Circle-8 -- we'd not worked on this much.  Unfortunately I'm finding that while I can do this in my sleep in my patch blades, in my FS blades I have a hard time making it around.  So we worked on pushing harder and holding a truer edge.  Hmmph.
  • 5-step mohawk -- just a little time on this.  I ran through the pattern.  It feels achingly slow to me, like, I can't imagine if *I* had to watch it how bad it would be.  Yuck.  JJ says I need to practice this more and he's right.
After my lesson I stayed for the next session and worked through most of the remaining Bronze moves except the power-3s, also revisited all my jumps (except half-flip) and did some spins.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home