Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Nostalgia Skate

I am in Oregon for work (came up last night) and so I escaped to Sherwood to skate the 6 a.m. freestyle.  The ice was SOOOOO NICE!  It was just gorgeous.  I wouldn't say I'd forgotten how nice Sherwood's ice is, but I would say that it was really wonderful to experience again.

The other really nice thing was the chance to skate with old friends again... I knew everyone on the session!  Besides myself we had Madison, Megan, Mickey, and later on Christina also joined, as well as Coach Leone.  It made me very nostalgic :-).

I had a good skate, and spent most of my time on Bronze moves.  FXO-BXO perimeter stroking, BXOs to BO edges (fixed my pattern and reminded myself to do slow, deliberate BXOs), power-3s (worked on holding the FO edge), 5-step mohawk (improve my L side, esp. the BO edge) and even F8 pattern (finally pushing hard enough!).  All in all very productive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home