Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

FO8, BO8, Waltz-8, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  We started my lesson a little early so the only warmup I had was all 4 edges.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- a fresh layout of these.  They were decent!  Passable, at least for Preliminary.  Tracing was pretty good (there's room for improvement of course).  
  • BO8 --  not bad, but comparing them with FO8 -- there's a lot of improvement needed before these will be passable (fortunately they are on the 1st figure test, not the preliminary test, so no hurry).  I'm really inconsistent on the circle size on the L foot, I'm not tracing that well (either foot) and push on the L foot is a bit weak and not consistent.  And here I used to be happy just to make it around! lol.
  • waltz-8 -- gaaah.  Okay these were a little better, actually.  I am holding the BO edge around longer, the turns are a bit better and better placed; and I'm getting a better FO edge on the step forward.  Still stepping out too much on the step forward and I lack consistency.  I haven't even worried about tracing on these yet.
  • serpentines -- we started working on these the way they really look -- so I am allowing myself a helper push on the FI edge after the change of edge so that I can get back to center and try the other side in context.  A lot of improvement required but these are kinda fun, really.
After my lesson I stayed and worked on 3s to center a little bit.  My LFO3 is really improving!  Awesome.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home