Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

B8s, Waltz-8, 3s To Center

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  We had quite the crowd today! I think there were 12 skaters and 2 coaches.

Today's lesson:
  • BO8 -- The only real issue with these is the last part of the LBO is a bit twitchy sometimes.  Too often I come in shallow, or I overcompensate and go flat.  Grrr.  I need to remind myself to lean into the edge more when I'm having problems.
  • BI8 -- there's lots to work on here.  RBI first circle tends to be small, and I am usually pushing to a BO and then flipping it to a BI instead of being on a BI to begin with.  The L side is better; we worked on getting a better push though.  I really need to bend the knees and dig in to get a better push.
  • Waltz-8 -- these are slightly improved.  The 3s are definitely better.  Step forward is slightly better, though I need to hold the BO edge around longer; and I still need to improve these,  esp. on the L side.
  • 3s to center -- We only had like 4 minutes on these.  I did a really nice RFO3!!  It was really awesome and made me really happy.  I managed one pretty good LFO3 (the first one) but the subsequent ones not so much.  I really just need more time on these. Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home