Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011


BI8, Waltz-8, 3s To Center & Serpentine


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club. In my warmup I worked on FO8, FI8 and BO8.

Today's lesson:
  • BI8 -- I was working on these when Lynne came on the ice.  They are improving.  My R foot circle is a bit small.  L foot is a good size but I'm having a hard time holding the edge all the way back around and I'm a little slow. We worked a little on getting a better push and holding the free foot in front longer.  I think I just need more time on these and I'll get them.
  • Waltz-8 -- we worked on these for a while.  Working to improve my LFO3, I finally got a good one; the difference was to have a better edge going in with a little more curve.  Step forward is slowly improving.
  • 3s To Center -- these continue to slowly improve.  L side is still quite weak but it's getting better, I got several where the turn was okay and didn't put my foot down immediately.  I still need a lot of work on these.  
  • Serpentines -- these also are improving.  We worked on on both the FOI and FIO flavors.  We spent some time working on getting a better push -- that's really the limiting factor here now.  I'm doing a reasonable job on the edge change and making it a full half circle after, but that leaves me a half-circle short on this figure.  I just need to bend-and-push more and then be able to control the resultant power/speed.
All in all I am happy with my progress. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home