Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 02, 2011


B8s, Waltz-8, 3s To Center


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I had not skated patch since my last lesson!  My warmup went well though.

Today's lesson:
  • BO8 -- LBO side was giving me issues but after some practice it improved quite a bit.  RBO side much stronger as usual.  I need to watch to keep the skating knee soft otherwise the edge gets a bit fragile.
  • Waltz-8 --  R side is looking almost okay, although I still tend to put my foot down briefly on the step forward.  L side is still a bit rough, still not bringing it around on the step forward enough.  I did make some progress on improving the LFO3 though.
  • BI8 -- these are looking a little better.  Still having issues on the initial push, I tend to push to a BO and then flip it to BI.  They are improving though.  Lynne says I need to really be over my skate more, even if it feels like I'm leaning out of the circle I'm actually a long way from that.
  • 3s to center -- R side is stronger and getting slightly better.  L side still weak but my last one had really good flow-out finally!  YAY!
All in all a pretty good lesson, I was really pleased.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home