Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 18, 2011


Toe Loop, Spins, Program


My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Once again I didn't sleep well, about 2 hrs of sleep.

Today's lesson:
  • Toe loop -- I showed JJ what I'd been working on as far as fixing the toe loop and we worked it a bit.  The main problem is that I'm not getting a continuous flow when I try to do it correctly... I tend to stop in the middle :-).
  • Spins -- these were pretty bad today.  Very frustrating since they were so much better on Tuesday.
  • Program -- we ran my program with music -- it had been a while.. eep!  We decided to add one crossover after the FO3/weight shift so that I'd have some more speed in the first part.  That helped a lot.  In general in the week I have before the competition JJ wants me to concentrate on the 2nd half of the program.  I agree -- it's a lot weaker than the first half.  I have also been trying to look up more -- it's so hard!  And I'm so inconsistent it probably is funny to watch.
I only skated the one session as I was just wiped out.  Afterward I talked with JJ a bit about what comes next; for the remainder of the year I want to spend about 2/3 time on the Bronze moves and skating them faster and with more power (more aggressive) and the other 3rd will be maintenance/improvement of jumps and spins.  JJ suggested we video my program once a month and see how it improves (hopefully) as I skate faster.  Seems like a good idea to me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home