Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011


FO8, Waltz-8, 3s


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  We were on the South Pole since they are doing maintenance on the North Pole rink.  Don't like the ice much on the SP side but oh well.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- acceptable.  I need to improve my tracing; I have noticed that when I'm trying to follow my first print I tend to keep it to my left which means my 2nd print was about 2 blade lengths inside of my first one (on the R).  I need to work on this.
  • Waltz-8 -- just eh.  The step forward is still where I'm lacking on these.
  • 3s to center -- the R side is really coming along but the L side is lagging hugely.  On the L side I'm tending to force it around, and I'm also tending to lean off the edge a bit before the turn which doesn't help.   I also probably need to start working on the back choctaw (step forward) I will need for this since it's hard (BI to FO, eep).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home