Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Back At It


I skated Chandler coffee club today for my lesson with Lynne.  I had to reschedule from the usual time (Wed.) due to a dentist appt.

I spent a little time briefing Lynne on the figures competition and my results there.  Then we went on with our lesson:
  • FO8 -- I swear I will be working these things for the rest of my life.  My observation for today was a reiteration of one Kelli made on Sunday -- I really need to bring the free foot in promptly after the push on the L side (I do it on the right!).  
  • 3s to center -- these are slowly improving.  Lynne reminded me on the R foot that I need to keep the shoulder and hip back after the turn and keep the free foot close.  On the L side the main correction was that I need to rise up to the rocker more quickly and then be sure to bend the knee again after the turn.
  • serpentines -- these are getting better.  Lynne said that the main thing now is that I will need to start pushing harder so that I actually can get around the rest of the circle.  The actual change of edge has come along pretty well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home