Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

AFOC Prep


My figures lesson with Lynne today on the Chandler coffee club.  This was my last lesson with Lynne before the All-Figures Open Competition at the end of the month.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- we did a number of layouts - like 7 or 8.  The first one wasn't bad.  The next several were varying levels of suckage -- mostly problems with the LFO and with finding my center again.  Ugh.  I can't believe I actually competed these last year!  I wonder. Still they did improve and the last one was mostly okay.
  • BO8 -- probably 5 layouts or so.  These aren't bad, and the last one was really pretty good!  I'm probably not tracing as well as on the FO8 but in general they are more confident and I get around pretty easily.  Weird, eh?
All in all I was really happy with this lesson!  Now I'm putting my patch blades away for the rest of the week since I have Cactus on Saturday.  Then next week I am taking off from freestyle and just working figures all week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home