Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Competition Prep


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  It was really busy today!

Today's lesson was all about prepping for AFOC:
  • FO8 -- we did a number of layouts, like maybe 5.  I was really having issues with my LFO today! I'm not sure why.  I put my foot down once and otherwise had issues, mostly after the rotation.  It's like I'm overrotating or something.  Yuck.
  • BO8 -- again, a number of layouts.  RBO is pretty nice, usually.  LBO was usually pretty good except that I was turning in to deeply at the very last, so I was short on my circle.  I can only imagine that I rotated out of the circle a little or something.  Still, it was nicer than the FO8, which just weirds me out.
  • Serpentines -- just a couple at the end.  Nothing exciting today.
After my lesson I had a little time to practice so I worked on waltz-8 and 3s to center.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home