Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

FO8 & BO8


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  We have two lessons this week as I'm trying to get prepped for the All-Figures competition at the end of the month.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 - we did several fresh layouts of these.  ARRGH my LFO is so inconsistent!  I have been working on these for SO long and they still stink.  I really need to learn to lean into this edge more. and press into it.  I did manage to get around mostly but if it were a test I probably would not have passed.  Grr.
  • BO8 -- several fresh layouts of these as well.  I was kind of nervous and it showed in wimpy pushes.  Managed to get around anyway but it was dicey. Geez.   On the positive side I realized that the mark from the initial push for the RBO makes a really handy long-axis mark so I can look for that when I'm trying to see where I need to change feet.
All in all I am not happy with my FO8s right now, BO8s are actually pretty good right now.  Another lesson on Friday!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home