Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Program Prep


My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS -- moved to Tuesday this week due to a work trip.

Today's lesson was focused on the 2nd half of the program.  We worked through some issues, changed the final pose (it's now a sort of "Atlas holds the world" position).  We ran the 2nd half 2 or 3 times.  I'm not ending on time (what a shock) but the biggest thing is that I really need to work the waltz-sal into the traveling 3s.  I tend to be a little off balance so I do the first 3 but then can't do the 2nd one.  All in all this half of the program needs a lot of work (what a shock) but it's also a lot more difficult than the 1st half so that's not surprising.  It feels really short -- it goes by quickly.  This whole program feels like one big sprint to the finish -- but that's pretty much what I expected when I chose the music.  Quite different from the Apollo 13 program where there were some quiet moments at the beginning!

I met with the costumer on Sunday for a fitting.  The costume is coming along well.  I think it's going to be really awesome.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home