Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Perseverance


Chandler has Sunday a.m. ice this month so I skated the 11 a.m. FS.  I was running late, though, so I ony got 45 minutes in :-(  but I had private ice for about 30 minutes of that!

Had a decent skate, though it took me a while to warm up.  I ran the program 2nd half footwork several times, then I ran the first half with music.  Wow, I actually managed to be on time!! Of course that was partly made possible by the fact my spin was crappy and only like 1.5 revs.  I am discovering that it's a bit scary because I go into the half flip at what is, for me, really high speed... eeep!  Then into the lunge and I was a little off balance but managed to make it through.

All in all a good skate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home