Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Wednesday Night Zoo


I skated the Wednesday night public at Gilbert... ice was pretty crappy, it was very crowded, and there was no one I knew there :-(.  I only skated for 45 minutes.

I worked a little on footwork, some spins (none good), a little bit of waltz, sal and toe. 

I was really feeling off.  I don't know if it's being tired from my trip, my new boots, or the conditions.  I really felt like I could barely skate for the first 15-20 minutes, which is dispiriting.  I've got like 20 hrs of skating in these boots so I don't know why it's still so bad, but I'm sure in part it is that I have just not gotten much ice time in the last several weeks.  Grrr.

Lesson in the a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home