Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

BO8, Waltz-8, 3s To Center


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  Nice ice today, and just 4 or 5 of us.


Today's lesson:
  • BO8 -- LBO still working to control the last half.  I'm getting better lean into the circle (for some reason this is really scary) on the first half but when I bring the leg back I am tending to lean out of the circle a little.  I need to watch the rotation carefully.  On the bright side my flow has really improved and the circles are a good size.
  • Waltz-8 -- ugh.  RFO3s are a bit wonky, LFO3s are better although I sometimes am breaking at the waist in the turn. Occasionally putting my foot down before the step forward to the RFO, I really need to stop doing this as it's a really bad habit to get into.  The step forward to LFO is just not getting turned enough -- Lynne says I need to hold the RBO around a bit more and then get the foot turned more before stepping to the LFO.  Hmm.
  • 3s to center  -- not as good as last week.  I just need to practice these every time so that I start getting more comfortable with them, hopefully that will help me to flow through the turn.  I'm a lonnnnng way from being able to hold that BI edge a complete half-circle after the turn though!
This afternoon (after my lesson and a meeting at work) I ran over and got my patch blades sharpened as I was rather overdue.  I also picked up some skate tape as I've been meaning to tape my new FS boots before I start doing lunges in them and tearing them up.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home