Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Arcadia Field Trip


As usual, I trekked out to Arcadia for the noon public today.  Skate buddies Roland and Anna and D were there, and then as a special treat my buddy Lisa came (visiting from Tucson).  I had a pretty good skate and worked on a bunch of stuff, had some good spins and good waltz jumps... toe loop and salchow, eh. 

The only annoying thing is that toward the end of the session (I skated almost 2 hrs!) I was practicing my BO edges and as I stepped to the LBO I somehow rocked back a little, and the back of my blade dug into the ice and I went over backward.  UGH!  I *hate* those backward falls!  I wasn't hurt (thank God and St. Lydwina, I tucked my head) but I'm going to be a bit sore tomorrow, I expect.  More ibuprofen!  Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home