Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

3s To Center!


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.

Today's lesson:
  • BO8s -- Still a little inconsistent on the LBO.  RBO is pretty good; although I just realized I don't really know how well I'm tracing my repetitions.  Need to work on that.
  • Waltz-8 -- I'm doing a better job on the BO edge and the step forward.  The LFO to center is still week but improving a little.  The R side is better in general; I'm probably not practicing the L side as much, need to fix that.  3s were a bit better also.
  • 3s to center -- finally something new!  I was a bit nervous about these, but as I told Lynne -- if I can get these down, my power-3s for the Bronze moves should be a lot easier.  Anyway, the main goal for today was to be able to hold the FO edge for the full half-circle and attempt to turn.  And I did!  Okay, I put my foot down immediately after the turn, but I'm still very pleased.  I was afraid I wouldn't manage to make myself attempt the turn at all, so I count this as real progress.  It helped that my FO edge was actually better than it was in warmup!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home