Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

B8s, Waltz-8, Serpentine


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  It was pretty quiet today!  Most of the time there were only 3 skaters present.  How odd.

Today's lesson:
  • BO8s -- RBO side is really good!  LBO is improving.. I got on a really good LBO and scared myself (I bailed!) because it was a really deep BO edge and I thought I was going to fall (though I wasn't falling).  Ha!
  • Waltz-8  -- turns were better today.  My L side step-forward is still not coming around enough -- Lynne mentioned that I am tending to wide-step that side, which I don't on the R side.  Worked on fixing that, with some progress.
  • BI8s -- these are getting better too.  Circle size is almost right!  Biggest limitation is that I am not getting a good enough push to comfortably hold around the whole circle.  I realized that on the subsequent pushes I am trying too hard -- instead of "trying to push hard & fast" I just need to push firmly, and no need to make it all that quick.  This helped a bit but it's going to take more practice.
  • Serpentines -- just a few minutes on these.  The position and transition is getting better.  I'm mostly limited now by my poor FO edges.  Grrr.
All in all a good lesson.  We agreed next week we should trying looking at 3s to center.  Eeep!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home