Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

FO8, BO8, Waltz-8, Serpentine


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  I have a scheduling issue this week and next week so we started a bit earlier and I was out of there after 45 minutes.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- I was working on these when Lynne came on the ice so of course we started with these.  RFO is not bad but LFO takes too long for me to get set up and stable.  Reminders to keep head up, palms down, and bring the free foot in promptly.
  • BO8 -- these are coming along quite nicely.  Still some issues with needing to keep a solid core so I don't break at the waist, and to just sit on that edge and let it come around.
  • Waltz-8 -- slow improvement.  When the FO3 is bad it seems it's usually because I didn't take time to set the new edge up appropriately; and that seems to happen when I am distracted coming back to center by fighting to keep a good edge.  It's all related :-).
  • Serpentine -- just eh.  It's all dependent on the quality of my FO edge, so if I have a good one, the change of edge is easy and I have good flow.  If not, not..  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home