Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

FO8/FI8 Move Pattern


I had my freestyle lesson w/JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert, moved from Thursday due to work travel.

Today's lesson was a bit odd.  I continued having boot/lace issues today (I had not skated since my lesson last Thursday due to travel so not that surprising I suppose).  I had just done a waltz jump and was just skating when my laces came off the hooks on the R boot.  Scary!  I just sat down on the ice and retied them and started to skate off to the hockey box, when they came off again.  So I managed to pull myself off and retied them more thoroughly.  Just then JJ got there for my lesson and he tied them up for me very securely.  Darn cotton laces!

For my lesson we decided to work on "safe" stuff until I can replace my laces, so we worked on the FO8/FI8 pattern from Bronze moves.  It's weird to me that I have issues getting around on these when I can do them so easily in my patch blades!  JJ told me my problem is that my weight is too far forward and that I really need to get it further back on the blade.  I was able to do this and it really did flow much better, though it felt pretty weird.  I still am not quite making it all the way around though.  Grr, how stupid!

Anyway, not the most productive lesson and it's all my fault.  Oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home