Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pluggin' Away


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.

Today's lesson:
  • BO8 -- I seem to have a problem with consistently getting that free foot in front from the beginning.  When I do it really helps a lot!  So I need to remind myself that I need to always practice them that way from the beginning so that it's automatic.  Still having issues with the 2nd half of the LBO... it seems like I either curve in too quickly or not enough!  I felt like Goldilocks...
  • Waltz-8 -- Urgggh.  FO3s were pretty bad to start with but they improved.  BO edge is pretty good these days. Step forward... urgh.  Still working on stepping onto a good edge and holding the free shoulder back.  Grr.
  • Serpentine -- When I can actually get a good FO edge to start with these are coming along kind of okay.  For today, just so-so, I only made it about a quarter-circle around after the FOI.
A little frustrating today but I know it will get better.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home