Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Settling In

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  With only 2 hours of time in the new boot/blade combo it was all about getting settled in to my skates and evaluating whether we need to make any adjustments or not.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- started off with these.  A bit wonky.  The LFO feels better than it did, RFO worse.  I'm having a hard time getting a good RFO edge and it's very frustrating.
  • Flat -- next Lynne had me just skate a flat down the line and see whether my blade alignment is okay.  It appears to be fine, or at least not seriously wrong.
  • BO8 -- these are not too bad, I'm doing a better job on the LBO 2nd half as far as sitting back and letting it curve around.
  • BI8 -- still a work in progress.  Relatively good control but circles are still small.
  • FO3s -- these are about where they were before -- we spent some time working on them on the side half-circle and at the boards.  Still need a lot of work to get them nice.
  • Waltz-8 -- these are about the same.  Not happy with the 3s, but the BO edge is not bad and the step forward on the RFO was pretty good (LFO, not so much).
So far it seems like it's coming along okay.  No patch time again until next week.  I will be up in Oregon tomorrow and pick up my new freestyle skates! YAY!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home