Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

BO8, Waltz-8, Serpentine

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I had a pretty good warmup and things were looking good.

Today's lesson:
  • BO8 -- these were good in warmup and also pretty good in front of Lynne.  The RBO is quite strong.  LBO still a bit weaker but I'm doing a much better job of staying on the edge for the second half and coming back to center.  
  • Waltz-8 -- we spent a bunch of time on these.  Maybe some small improvement; we spent some time just working on the FO3s to try to keep the free foot close and improve the check.  Still a long way to go on these before they are testable.
  • Serpentine -- we worked on the FOI part of these and it's coming along; I'm still a half-circle short of finishing though so lots more to be done.  Lynne asked me to go ahead and try the FIO change of edge and wow, I was able to do it (albeit not well).  I was pretty jazzed about that!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home