Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spins & Program Prep

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert, as usual.

Today's lesson:
  • spins -- I am at the point that I have the potential, I think, for these to be really good -- if I could just put all the pieces together.  I'm very frustrated at this point.  It seems like, if I get a good entrance with speed and power (like I did several times) I don't get over my L side, or I don't get my arms right, or something else.  I can do all these things right, I just can't yet get them all to happen at the same time.  Grrr.  Still, I have to admit that it's all a lot better than it used to be so it's not like I'm going to give up or something.  (Realistically I'm way too stubborn for that!)
  • program prep -- the other part of my lesson was devoted to working on the program, mostly the first part (mostly waltz jump -> mohawks -> salchow -> spin).  We did this chunk several times in a row and I was whupped!  It's a bit better I think.
And that's all we had time for.  After my lesson I stayed and skated the next session.  I worked some on moves but also program elements, and I ran the program with music.  It was just okay.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home