Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Program Prep

My lesson with JJ this morning on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  As usual good ice and not too crowded.

For today's lesson we spent our time working on the program, most specifically the 2nd half of the program, working to run it a little faster and to take out any extraneous steps.  We ran it several times, both with music and also just with JJ clapping in rhythm.  I actually managed a first, which was to end on time!  Seriously, I don't think that's ever happened before.  It happened mostly because I managed to take out some of the time between the toe loop and the final spin.

We also took a little time to talk about balancing Moves work with new program after PCAS.  Consensus was that I will just need to make some decisions about how to spend my time, and then work to achieve that balance.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home