Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Perseverance

Finally got my butt out of bed to skate this a.m.!  I had private ice for the first half, then one skater and a coach joined me.

I had a pretty good skate; ran my program twice and both times it went... okay.  I am still finishing late but that's nothing new.  I really need to work to not put a single extra step in the second half; I think if I could take every bit of hesitation out I would finish okay.  I spent some more time on the mohawk sequence and found that if I am careful to actually step on a slightly deeper FI edge I can do the first one, at least, without any additional pushes.  Practiced going into the salchow straight from the mohawk sequence and it's okay.

The one really frustrating thing was that I got only one good spin today (it was 3 revs).  Grrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home