Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

FO8, BO8, Waltz-8, BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club. As usual good ice and pretty uncrowded.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- these were pretty stinky when I started but did improve.  I need to be more collected when I start, to remember to get a good position with the free shoulder back, push into the edge and bring the free foot in promptly.  You'd think by now it would be automatic but it isn't.
  • BO8 -- my RBO side of this is pretty awesome!  The LBO is definitely lagging at this point.  The first half of the LBO is okay, but then I tend to lean out of the circle a bit and I go flat.  Grrr.
  • Waltz-8 -- these are slowly improving also.  Managed to retain most of the improvements from last week re: BO edge, so we spent some quality time on the step forward and worked it in isolation to try to step to a better FO edge.  Some progress but it's going to take a lot more work.
  • BI8 -- finished up with these.  The basic positions are good but I need to get more push to fill out the circle.
One lesson left before I move to my new (to patch) boots!  Yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home